Bylaws amendments passed at the 2018 convention changed the structure of the national council. The structure clarified Alpha Sigma Alpha’s governance model ensuring that continued efficient and effective operations occur.
Overview of structure:
- Kept national council as seven women but eliminated position titles except for national president. The new structure is a national president and six (6) vice presidents
Executivedirector serves as the corporate secretary
- The board internally elected a treasurer. The executive director will continue to manage the day-to-day financial decisions and operations.
- A national council member may serve a maximum of six consecutive terms total
- The national president may serve a maximum of three consecutive terms as president
- The national president may serve one additional term if elected in her sixth term as president
- To be eligible to be elected in the office of president, candidates must have served on the national council for the term immediately preceding the election to president