What you need to know about the process
2016-17 Application Timeline
- Applications will be first reviewed Oct. 5. Applications received after that date will be reviewed only if spots are available to complete the participant roster (13 spots).
- Applicants in consideration will be contacted for a live video interview.
- Applicants must be collegians of Alpha Sigma Alpha who are in good standing with their chapter at the time of selection. Failure to remain in good standing could forfeit the participant’s eligibility to attend.
- Applicants must still be collegians during the 2017-18 academic year.
What you should know about being selected
- Participants will be expected to sign a “Participant Agreement” outlining personal and group commitments to the experience.
- This is a 100% substance free experience. Smoking cigarettes, consuming alcohol or using illegal substances will be strictly prohibited.
- Participants are expected to be part of this trip for the full duration of the experience.
Participant Financial commitments
- A $400 deposit will be due within 45 days of being selected (December 2016)
- Cover all upfront airline costs to/from Honolulu, HI (To be purchased March/April 2017)
- Upon full, successful completion of the trip, pending no violation of the participant agreement, participants will be reimbursed their full deposit ($400) plus up to $450 of their travel costs (with submission of the airline receipts)
- Ability to receive reimbursement will be determined by Alpha Sigma Alpha staff and trip facilitators
Financial Obligations Provided By Alpha Sigma Alpha
The following financial commitments are not the responsibility of participants. These items will be provided by Alpha Sigma Alpha for all participants while on-site:
- All meals upon arrival at service immersion location
- Sleeping accommodations
- Travel between airport to camp in Oahu, HI
- Travel to/from service locations
- Curriculum and supplies needed to complete leadership development and service reflection