What are the responsibilities of a convention volunteer?
Convention volunteers will serve as a support to the director of events & programs for the entirety of the national convention & leadership conference. Specific expectations of the convention volunteer are as follows:
- Arrive at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown by noon on Tuesday, July 21 and depart on Sunday, July 26.
- Communicate with the director of events & programs via email and participate in weekly conference calls one month leading up to the event.
- Attend the national convention & leadership conference and complete on-site assignments as instructed by the director of events & programs.
- Assist with decorating, assembly of supplies, registration desk, cleanup, hospitality and any other tasks as delegated by national headquarters staff.
- Be present at all times during the event until all duties are completed.
- Participate in a wrap-up conference call with the director of events & programs after the event.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, Dec. 6, 2019.
Applicants will be notified of selection by Feb. 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact Kim Richard, director of events & programs.