Apply now to participate in the 2021 Virtual Capitol Hill Visits and advocate sorority/fraternity legislation
Attention Alpha Sigma Alpha collegiate leaders:
The Fraternal Government Relations Coalition (FGRC), a nonpartisan coalition formed by the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC), the North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC), the Fraternity and Sorority Political Action Committee and the Fraternity and Sorority Action Fund is seeking outstanding campus and chapter leaders to participate in the Virtual Capitol Hill Visits to advocate government relations platforms. These platforms include national anti-hazing legislation, improving student freedom of association rights and improving college affordability.
The Hill Visits will take place virtually April 13-15, 2021. Applicants must have access to the internet and a device with a camera/microphone from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. during each of these days. Student lobbyists will be assigned to teams with other students and alumnae volunteers and will participate in approximately five 30-minute meetings during the three-day period.
If selected, students will be expected to participate in prep work and a training session leading up to the visits. It is important that students are aware they may need to miss class to participate in the meetings with lawmakers and should be prepared to plan accordingly with professors.
The tentative schedule of events for the 2021 Virtual Hill Visits is as follows:
- Friday, Dec. 11, 2020: Application deadline
- Late January 2020: Students will be notified of selection and asked to confirm participation.
- Week of March 1: Students will be assigned preparation and training activities.
- Week of March 29: Live training sessions (virtual) will be held for all student and alumnae participants.
- Week of April 5: Students and alumnae participate in team practice meetings to prepare for visits.
- Tuesday, April 13-Thursday, April 15: Students and alumnae participate virtual meetings with lawmakers and their staffs.
To apply, please fill out the web-based application by 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020. You will be notified no later than Feb. 1, 2021, if you are selected.
Students should not apply if they do not feel comfortable advocating the legislative issues outlined above.
If you have questions about the legislative agenda, the application process or the 2021 Virtual FGRC Hill Visits, please email NPC Executive Manager Amanda Faulkenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.