Alumnae initiation exemplifies Alpha Sigma Alpha’s commitment to lifetime membership. Potential alumnae initiates include chapter advisors, college faculty or staff, family members, friends or co-workers of initiates, or any woman of poise and purpose who expresses interest in Alpha Sigma Alpha.
Do you know a woman who missed her opportunity to join a sorority?
It’s never too late for us to welcome members into our sisterhood. Alumnae initiation is a wonderful and thoughtful way for you to show someone how much you care for her. Whether it’s your mother, cousin or friend, sponsoring an alumna for initiation into Alpha Sigma Alpha will surely turn into a bonding experience for the two of you.
To recommend a woman for alumnae initiation:
- Fill out the Alumnae Initiate Application
- Agree to educate and help support the potential alumna throughout the initiation process
- Submit the Initiation of an Alumna Form to national headquarters
We hope that you will recommend someone for this exciting opportunity.
Are you interested in sorority membership as an alumna?
Alpha Sigma Alpha would love to share our sisterhood and ritual with women who want to contribute to our organization and truly make a difference. There are many benefits to membership in the sorority including:
- Personal development resources
- Professional growth opportunities
- Participation in national events such as the national convention & leadership conference and Women’s Advancement Series
- Volunteering for the Sorority
- Membership education – continued growth and reflection on organizational aims and values through life stages