Women’s Advancement Series development events provide Alpha Sigma Alpha alumnae and graduating seniors with opportunities to continue their development as women of poise and purpose.
Attending Women’s Advancement Series development events allows members to:
- Commit to being a self-motivated, lifelong member of Alpha Sigma Alpha.
- Develop personally and professionally through participation in curriculum designed for member growth.
- Explore their purpose and passion.
- Enhance their leadership abilities through personal assessment and skill development.
By attending one of Alpha Sigma Alpha’s fall 2018 Women’s Advancement Series Development Events, participants will:
- Learn the importance of self-care for physical, mental and emotional health
- Create strategies to take care of themselves in their daily lives
- Focus on their needs in order to become a better sister, friend, mother, daughter, employee and more
- Meet new sisters in the Philadelphia or Chicago area
Locations & Registration
Saturday, November 17, 2018
Complimentary onsite parking available
Registration is now closed.
Schedule at a glance
All times listed in Eastern Time
*2:00-4:00 p.m. Canvas painting at Busy Bee’s Pottery & Art Studio
4:30 p.m. Reception at the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia – Valley Forge
5:00-6:00 p.m. Program by Annalise Sinclair
*Tickets are not included in the registration fee and can be purchased on the online registration form. Tickets are $45 per person and include a two-hour canvas painting lesson and transportation to and from the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia – Valley Forge.
Questions about registration? Contact Hayley Remmel, event coordinator.
Self-care for women
As women, we live fast-paced lives and are often pulled in many directions, leaving us feeling overwhelmed and chaotic. We often make everything else a priority while our own needs land on the back burner. How are we supposed to balance everything we have going on with making time for ourselves, too? In this 60-minute session, empowering mental health speaker Annalise Sinclair will discuss the importance of self-care for your physical, mental and emotional health. She will also share strategies for women to take care of themselves as well as how to actually implement them in our daily lives. This session will help attendees become better sisters, friends, mothers, daughters, employees, volunteers, leaders, wives, girlfriends and most importantly, learn to be better to ourselves.
Annalise is a sorority woman and mental health advocate who believes in empowering women to be their best selves. A proud alumna of both the University of South Florida and Kent State University, she empowers women and college students around the country. Annalise serves as the keynote speaker for the 2018-19 Academy events.
This workshop will be held in two cities in November 2018. Check the Locations & Registrations tab for more information.