My Membership…My Commitment
All collegiate members of Alpha Sigma Alpha have certain obligations of membership.
- Attend business meetings
- Participate in ritual services
- Recruit new members
- Participate in chapter service and charitable giving projects
- Utilize the national application tool to maintain records of service and charitable giving hours
- Participate in the national membership education program
Participation (attendance guidelines) is determined by the chapter standards board and agreed upon by the entire chapter.
- Maintain at least a term and cumulative 2.4 average (on a 4.0 scale) or the scholastic average required for graduation on campus, whichever is higher
- If a chapter’s GPA requirement for good standing is higher than a 2.4, the expectation is that the higher GPA is followed (chapters are encouraged to increase this minimum expectation in their chapter bylaws)
SORORITY BYLAWS AND POLICIES
- Know and adhere to all national and local bylaws and policies
- Agree to follow the National Claim & Dispute Resolution Plan
- Promptly meet all financial obligations to the national organization, the local chapter and the local housing corporation if applicable.
- Be involved in all stages of your life and continue the commitments outlined in MY ALUMNA MEMBERSHIP…MY COMMITMENT
- Live by Alpha Sigma Alpha’s eight core values: balance, generosity, growth, integrity, learning, relationships, responsibility, enjoyment
- Positively promote the women and sisterhood of Alpha Sigma Alpha in all endeavors
A member of Alpha Sigma Alpha should maintain high standards at all times according to our national ritual, values, policies, aims and creed.