Career enhancement grants provide assistance for Alpha Sigma Alpha alumnae seeking personal or professional development.
The Career Enhancement Grant is awarded on merit*, as demonstrated through
- Alpha Sigma Alpha/community involvement, and
- how well the education program relates to the applicant’s personal or professional development goals.
*Financial need is not considered when determining merit.
- Applicants must have been in the workforce for at least two (2) years.
- The Career Enhancement Grant is designed to fund non-credit courses, seminars, and programs. This grant is not available for full-time graduate coursework.
- Grants are available on a first come, first serve basis and may be awarded throughout the fiscal year (June 1 – May 31) up to an amount determined by the Foundation.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to need. The grant will cover only registration, tuition, and/or text and materials.
- Previous recipients of a Career Enhancement Grant are not eligible to receive a grant.
- After the course, seminar, or program, recipients are encouraged to write a letter to the Foundation telling them how the grant has contributed to her professional development.
“It may not sound like much, but let’s face it, my career enhancement grant, given to me by the Alpha Sigma Alpha Foundation, is helping me create a healthy educational environment and perhaps, even saving lives.”
CAROL BREWER, ZK
“The career enhancement grant gave me an opportunity to attend the largest instructional technology and leadership conference in our field. It connected me with like-minded educators who have similar roles to mine, and allowed me to spend time sharing ideas, contact information, and creating an even deeper professional learning network around the globe.”
JAMIE VANDERGRIFT, BΠ