Alpha Sigma Alpha has alumnae chapters and associations across the U.S. There are many advantages to starting a chapter, such as:
- Access to resources and personal development materials
- Opportunities to network with other members
- Participating in service and giving activities in your community with sisters
- Gaining leadership and professional skills as a chapter leader
- Attending national convention & leadership conference as a chapter delegate
- Receiving support from volunteers and staff to make your chapter successful
The director of alumnae and volunteer services and region volunteers will assist interested members in communicating with alumnae, while also providing resources for getting the alumnae chapter started and building a strong chapter.
An alumnae chapter must meet the following minimum requirements
- Have at least five members
- Hold at least four meetings and/or events annually
- Encourage members to sponsor women for alumnae initiation
- Determine local dues (greater than $1)
- Have a president and secretary/treasurer who are elected according to the chapter’s bylaws
- Annually submit the Alumnae Chapter Directory Report and the Alumnae Chapter Annual Report
Ready to get started? Fill out the Alumnae Chapter Interest form.
The petition to start an alumnae chapter, which is required for all new alumnae chapters, can be found below.