Alpha Sigma Alpha has alumnae chapters and associations across the U.S. There are many advantages to starting a chapter in your area, such as:
- Access to resources and personal development materials
- Opportunities to network with other members
- Participating in service and giving activities in your community with sisters
- Gaining leadership and professional skills as a chapter leader
- Attending national convention & leadership conference as a chapter delegate
- Receiving support from volunteers and staff to make your chapter successful
The director of alumnae engagement and region volunteers will assist interested members in communicating with alumnae in their specific geographic location, while also providing resources for getting the alumnae chapter started and building a strong chapter.
An alumnae chapter must meet the following minimum requirements
- Have at least five members
- Hold at least four meetings annually
- Encourage members to sponsor women for alumnae initiation
- Determine local dues (greater than $1)
- Have a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and editor who are elected according to the chapter’s bylaws
- Submit the Alumnae Chapter Directory Report annually
Ready to get started? Fill out the Alumnae Chapter Interest form.
The petition to start an alumnae chapter, which is required for all new alumnae chapters, can be found below.