Alpha Sigma Alpha is offering spring break service grants for undergraduate and graduate members seeking to expand and enhance their professional experience.
These opportunities support our national philanthropic partner the S. June Smith center. During this experience, selected participants will learn more about a professional area applicable to their career interest while at the same time giving back to the Center. Positions in the following areas within Excentia’s S. June Smith Center are available:
Members of Alpha Sigma Alpha are invited to apply for one of up to five grants to support the services provided at Excentia’s S. June Smith Center. These grants are to aid members in lodging and/or travel costs to Lancaster, PA during the recipient’s spring break 2017.
- Interested members must submit the application by Dec. 15, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Applicants may be asked to complete a phone interview with the selection team.
- Selected recipients will be notified by Jan. 17, 2017.
What recipients can expect
- Recipients are expected to complete a minimum of four business days of service with Excentia.
- All travel and lodging must be arranged by the recipients in consultation with Alpha Sigma Alpha and Excentia staff.
- Recipients will be reimbursed up to $500 in travel and lodging costs upon successful completion of the service experience and submission of necessary receipts to Alpha Sigma Alpha National Headquarters.
- All expenses must initially be paid by the recipient.
- There will be no additional monetary compensation or payment for service.
- All food costs, as well as any travel/lodging costs exceeding the $500 amount, are expected to be covered by the recipient.