How can Alpha Sigma Alpha help your council?
If there is a Girls on the Run Council in close proximity to an Alpha Sigma Alpha chapter (on a college campus or in a city), you can expect involvement from members! Alpha Sigma Alpha is in regular contact with members to educate about GOTR, make connections with local councils and encourage volunteer participation.
Examples of how Alpha Sigma Alpha members have already been helping include:
- Serving as head and assistant coaches
- Cheering at practice 5K events
- Volunteering at local council offices
- Assembling coach boxes
- Serving as running buddies
- Assisting with special events and fundraisers
- Providing race day support:
- Face painters
- Water stations
- Inspiration Wall
- Mile counters
- Course monitors
- Cheerleaders along the route
- Some sites may even include the ΑΣΑ mascot – “Dot” the ladybug!
Tips for Girls on the Run Councils
If your council has not received support from Alpha Sigma Alpha members, please consider the following: