How can Alpha Sigma Alpha help your council?
If your Girls on the Run council is in close proximity to an Alpha Sigma Alpha chapter, you can expect our members to support your council. Alpha Sigma Alpha members are educated about Girls on the Run and are encouraged to make connections with local councils through volunteer participation.
Examples of how Alpha Sigma Alpha members have already been helping include:
- Serving as head and assistant coaches
- Cheering at practice 5K events
- Volunteering at local council offices
- Assembling coach boxes
- Serving as running buddies
- Assisting with special events and fundraisers
- Providing race day support:
- Face painters
- Water stations
- Inspiration Wall
- Mile counters
- Course monitors
- Cheerleaders along the route
- Some sites may even include the ΑΣΑ mascot – “Dot” the ladybug!
Check out the Alpha Sigma Alpha chapter locator to see if we have a chapter close to you. Contact information is listed for each chapter and Alpha Sigma Alpha encourages you to reach out to chapters directly. If you would like assistance connecting with a chapter, contact Kim Richard, director of events & programs.